Bankruptcy Lawyer in New Port Richey
Estate Administration Attorney Serving Tampa
At the law office of Jay Moreland, P.A., we focus on a wide variety of legal services and provide personalized and compassionate representation with a focus on ethics and morality.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy — Ignore the misconceptions. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is still available. Most clients who require this level of protection still qualify. Begin your fresh financial start today.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy — For those who do not qualify for a Chapter 7 filing, Chapter 13 is a viable alternative. A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy can stop foreclosure proceedings and may even stop a foreclosure sale of your home. At the law office of Jay Moreland, P.A., we work with you one-on-one, answer any questions and unlike many firms in the area we even attend important creditor meetings with you rather than hire a stranger to appear for us. It takes more of our time, but we think you deserve it.
- Foreclosure Defense — If you have been served with a foreclosure lawsuit, you have only a short time to act or you may lose your rights to contest the foreclosure. The fact that you are negotiating a mortgage modification, short sale or other remedy does not protect you from a lawsuit. You must present a defense in court or the foreclosure will proceed. A rigorous legal defense may improve your bargaining position in getting a negotiated settlement securing the time you need to refinance or modify your loan giving you a sense of security and peace of mind.
- Mortgage Modification — If past-due house payments have you facing a foreclosure, a mortgage modification may be a possible alternative. Programs exist for Florida residents to change the terms of the loan and keep their family home.
- Tax Debts — The IRS is a powerful entity that aggressively pursues tax debts. We can help you negotiate a payment plan or installment agreement , secure an offer in compromise to settle the debt in full or have your debt considered uncollectible by the IRS.
- Wills and Trusts — Let us show you the benefits of estate planning. We can save you money, time and give your peace of mind by preparing wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and other estate planning documents. Being next door to the county courthouse provides our clients with convenience in dealing with estate planning, estate administration and probate-related matters.
- Probate Law — We can help you handle the estate of your deceased relatives. We can assist executors or parties in dispute.
- Guardianship — A proactive approach can ensure security for you and your family members.
- Real Estate — While an attorney is not required at a real estate closing, you need legal advice on contract preparation and terms. We also help sellers looking for help in a sale-by-owner transaction. If you find the buyer, we can do everything else needed to sell your home including preparing the contract and related documents, conducting the closing and obtaining title insurance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer, please contact us.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.