- Sole Practitioner
Jay W. Moreland graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.A. in Social Science. While in college he was in the Air Force ROTC program and was made a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force when he graduated. He obtained an educational delay to attend law school at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Upon graduation from law school where he obtained his J.D. degree, he took and passed the Ohio Bar exam. He then went into the Air Force as a Captain serving as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate (lawyer). He served initially as a claims officer and later as the base Public Defender. While in the Air Force, he was admitted to the U. S. Court of Military Appeals and he took and passed the Florida Bar. Upon his honorable discharge he moved to Florida and began practicing law in a legal clinic. After about 1 ½ years, he left the legal clinic and began practicing on his own which he has continued up to the present.
He has served in the Pasco County court as a Special Master where he heard cases involving divorce and domestic violence.
He was involved in helping create and serving on the Board of The Robin’s Nest, a Christian nursery school as well as helping create FEAST, a Palm Harbor food bank. He was also a Charter member of the Leadership Palm Harbor Program.
He has helped coach both soccer and baseball.
He has served as an Adjunct instructor as Pasco Hernando Community College teaching various paralegal courses.
He is married and has four children and three grandchildren, who all live in Florida as well.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Tax Problems
- Ohio, 1976
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1977
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. Tax Court, 2002
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 1976
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Social Sciences
- Adjunct Instructor, Pasco Hernando Community College, 2005 to 2009
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Christian Legal Society, Member, 1990 to 2009
- West Pasco Bar Association, Member, 1982 to 2009
Past Employment Positions
- United States Air Force, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 1976 to 1980
- Family Legal Centers, Attorney, 1980 to 1982